The series follows Koko Hekmatyar, a young arms dealer who sells weapons under HCLI, a weapons corporation.
As one of the company's unofficial weapon sellers, she secretly sells weapons in many countries while avoiding the local authorities and law enforcements as most of her work is actually illegal under international law. Traveling with her is her team of bodyguards who are mostly composed of ex-military veterans.
Her latest addition to her crew is Jonah, a seemingly emotionless child soldier who is skilled in combat yet ironically hates arms dealers. Jonah joins Koko as he wishes to find the arms dealer responsible for his family's death.
What follows is Koko and her crews escapades around the world.
Watching this Jormungand will make you want to use guns
Man what can I say that is bad, maybe that side characters don't get enough character development or arc's end to short. Other than that though this anime is throughly engaging and gripping from the close quarter gun and knife fights to long distance sniper engages.The soundtrack goes hand in hand with the action and definitely sets the tempo for the skirmishes that take place in the anime. Characters are well thought and unique enough for you to have your favourite's.
Overall a brilliant anime and is a must watch from me.
For anyone who've seen the movie on arms dealing 'Lord of War' and have enjoyed it, you have an obligation to watch this anime. For anyone else who's tired of typical shounen junk but still want the fun and excitement of it all, you also have an obligation to watch this anime. If you're a gun nut, it goes without saying.
Characters are original and non-generic, mostly very skilled in their own specialized field- none of that expert-at-everything bullshit you see nowadays. You will not get any whiny losers here, thank god for that. Now, while conflict is almost always won with intelligence, there are unfortunately certain parts of the series where the enemy simply misses too many bullets (storm-trooper syndrome) to be realistic, but the plot and character development makes up for it.
When it gets down to it, the overall concept surrounding this anime is the question of 'How far are you willing to go for your goals?' And in this anime's case, the answer is very very far. It's been an absolute pleasure watching Koko and her team descend into the greyest of moralities. Rather similar to Griffith in some ways.
If you're like me and love stories that challenges these big question, watch Jormungand.
Liked Black Lagoon? Then try this, it's MORE AWESOME!
If you enjoyed watching Black Lagoon, and even if you didn't, I'm sure you will like this.
Getting to the point, here are five main reasons that it's better (not that black lagoon is bad, but this anime is just pure win):
1. More charming characters! You will notice it just right after watching the very first episode. Not just characters, but relation between them is also nice, making you sometimes smile and sometimes excited (well at least I was)
2. Funnier, evicting it from getting too dark. Has much more comedy and it's actually funny and makes you grin at least. You won't need to worry about getting all gloomy or depressed after watching the end of events!
3. Fast development of the story doesn't let you get bored! Although there are many elements of a dealing and contracting (stuff like psychological battle or war of information), explanations and dialogues between characters are clear, simple and direct. Moreover, problems pop up fast and get resolved right after. Not to mention that the battles also occur at fast-tempo.
4. More realistic! As anime, it's not that of realistic, but enough to not to let you frown from how unreal things are, like defending bullet with knife (but wait, Valmet...) and human being modified by some kind of tech. etc... (and forget ep.3 ...)
5. Awesome musics! OP and endings are both good and soundtracks are fantastics! Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said oh no! XD
p.s. I just signed up just to write this review and it's my first actually writing somethin like this so I don't know if it's good or bad, but I hope it helps you. and no offends to the other animes.